PROCUREMENT OF CONSULTING SERVICES FOR THE BCDA 2023 CLIENT SATISFACTION MEASUREMENT (2023 STAKEHOLDER SATISFACTION STUDY)
1. The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) is a government corporation mandated to transform former military bases and properties into premier centers of economic growth.
2. BCDA acknowledges the importance of stakeholder satisfaction as it pursues its mandate of development. By measuring stakeholders’ feedback toward its programs and services, BCDA has the basis for necessitating improvements in its operations.
3. The establishment of a feedback mechanism will be done through the conduct of the BCDA 2023 Client Satisfaction Measurement (also known as the BCDA 2023 Stakeholder Satisfaction Study), which is a requirement of the Anti-Red Tape Authority (ARTA) and the Governance Commission for Government-Owned or -Controlled Corporations (GCG).
4. BCDA will procure and engage a Consultant that will provide professional expertise on the data management, interpretation and analysis requirements of the BCDA 2023 Client Satisfaction Measure Report.
5. The BCDA through the 2023 Corporate Operating Budget intends to apply the sum of Six Hundred Thousand Pesos (Php600,000.00), inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees, being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for the Procurement of Consulting Services for the BCDA 2023 Client Satisfaction Measurement. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals.
6. The Consultant shall have the following minimum qualifications:
A. The CONSULTANT must strictly be a reputable research and/or communications firm which has been in operations for at least two (2) years. In the case of joint ventures, the lead consulting firm should have at least two (2) years of business operation.
B. The CONSULTANT must have completed at least three (3) research projects which are similar in nature to the requirement within the past two years (e.g. evaluative research, survey, stakeholder relations studies, etc.)
C. The CONSULTANT must provide the necessary manpower support for the conduct of the Customer Satisfaction Measurement Report, based on the ARTA guidelines;
D. The research team must be composed of the following four (4) key members: OVERALL PROJECT MANAGER, RESEARCH EXECUTIVE/ANALYST, DATA PROCESSING MANAGER AND LEAD STATISTICIAN.
E. The identified members of the proposed research team must have at least three (3) years experience in communications research as related to his function in the team.
F. The identified members of the proposed research team must have handled at least three (3) research projects (e.g. evaluative research, survey, stakeholder relations studies, etc.) which are similar in nature to the requirement in a capacity related to his/her function in the team.
G. The identified members of the proposed research team must have at least a bachelor's degree and at least eight (8) aggregate hours of training relevant to nominated position in the last eight (8 years).
H. The CONSULTANT must be registered online with the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (http://www.philgeps.gov.ph) as a legitimate service provider for government requirements. The CONSULTANT is mandated to register with the PhilGEPS and provide a PhilGEPS Registration number as a condition for award of the contract.
I. The CONSULTANT shall be assessed based on the most favorable compliance with the criteria.
7. The CONSULTANT to be hired shall undertake within the agreed schedule all relevant and necessary activities such as, but not limited to, data encoding, data processing, validation, evaluation and interpretation of results, preparation of final reports in accordance with the GCG-ARTA Joint Memorandum Circular No. 1, Series of 2023 or the Supplemental Guidelines to the ARTA Memorandum Circular No. 2022-05 or the Guidelines on the Implementation of the Harmonized Client Satisfaction Measurement Specific for GOCCs Covered by Republic Act No. 10149, and any other GCG-ARTA-related issuances.
The timely submission and presentation of the project to the BCDA and preparation of all other related activities to fulfill the requirements of the project shall be included.
The scope of work includes the following:
A. The CONSULTANT shall provide guidance to BCDA and ensure that sampling and data-gathering/collection methods are compliant with the ARTA-GCG Guidelines for the Conduct of the Harmonized Client Satisfaction Measurement (HCSM). The Consultant shall ensure that the minimum required number of respondents per service availed is met as validated by the Sample Size Calculator provided by the ARTA for the conduct of the HCSM. The Consultant shall ensure that response rates are also maximized based on acceptable data gathering methods;
B. The CONSULTANT shall perform data encoding of results gathered by BCDA, anchored on the responses to the ARTA-prescribed Client Satisfaction Measurement Questionnaire;
C. The CONSULTANT shall process all gathered data to determine the level of satisfaction of stakeholders within the prescribed period of the HCSM;
D. The CONSULTANT shall determine the final scoring per question in the Client Satisfaction Measurement Questionnaire and the overall scoring for satisfaction guided by the prescribed ARTA methodology. This shall be presented as part of the Final HCSM Report with supporting tables and figures as prescribed. The Consultant shall determine in the Report the overall satisfaction/dissatisfaction rating, the reasons for the satisfaction/dissatisfaction rating and the factors contributing to the satisfaction/dissatisfaction rating, based on the available responses;
E. The CONSULTANT shall present the results by indicating the following: response rates per service; total number of transacting clients during the period covered; client demographics; Citizen’s Charter results; Service Quality Dimension results, and free responses derived from the response in the ARTA-prescribed questionnaire;
F. The CONSULTANT shall perform data interpretation and analysis of the results of the 2023 HCSM. This analysis shall reflect aspects/attributes for improvement as well as performance highlights during the year;
G. The CONSULTANT shall guide the BCDA in the preparation of its Continuous Agency Improvement Plan for the following year and present this as part of the HCSM Final Report. These shall contain the action steps, the responsible unit/person, and a timeline.
H. The CONSULTANT shall prepare and complete the Final Report in accordance with the Client Satisfaction Measurement Report Outline in Annex B of the GCG-ARTA Joint Memorandum Circular No. 1, Series of 2023 or the Supplemental Guidelines to the ARTA Memorandum Circular No. 2022-05.
I. The CONSULTANT shall present to BCDA Management the results of the 2023 BCDA Client Satisfaction Measurement Report to derive their inputs and comments for implementation in the Final Report that will be submitted to the ARTA. A summary of the results is also requested for immediate reference.
J. The CONSULTANT shall attend meetings with key BCDA departments, if necessary, for the smooth conduct of the 2023 BCDA Customer Satisfaction Measurement.
K. The CONSULTANT shall adhere to the following timeline:
|Data Encoding||December 2023- January 12, 2024|
|Data Processing and Analysis||January 15 - 26, 2024|
|Preparation of Initial Report||January 29 - February 8, 2024|
|Submission of Survey Results and Initial Presentation to PAD||February 9, 2024, Friday|
|Presentation to MANCOM||February 15, 2024 Thursday|
|Gathering of Action Plan from BCDA Departments||March 4 -15, 2024|
|Collation and Final Report Preparation||March 18-29, 2024|
|Submission of Final Report to BCDA/Approval of the President and CEO||April 1, 2024, Monday|
|Submission to ARTA||April 12, 2024, Friday|
I. The CONSULTANT shall shoulder the compensation of the project team and support staff that will be engaged for the conduct and preparation of the HCSM Report, as well as the expenses for meals, and transportation, if relevant.
8. The BCDA shall draw up a list of consultants from those who have submitted their Technical Proposal and Financial Proposal, in accordance with the provisions of the revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act 9184 (R.A. 9184).
9. The CONSULTANT shall be evaluated based on the Quality Cost Based Evaluation (QCBE) procedure wherein the Technical and Financial Proposal are given weights of 85% and 15%, respectively. The QCBE procedure is described under Section 33.2.1b of Republic Act 9184 and its 2016 Implementing Rules and Regulations.
10. The criteria and rating system for the selection of the winning consultant are as follows:
|Evaluation Criteria||Weight||Minimum Technical Score|
|Applicable Years of Experience of the Consultant/Firm (40%)||40%|
|Qualification of personnel who shall be assigned to the project (20%)||20%|
|Plan of Approach and Methodology||40%|
The Minimum Technical Score of 70% should be met.
10. The CONSULTANT is also required to submit the following documents to be used by BCDA as bases for the technical evaluation.
For the Technical Proposal: The CONSULTANT is required to submit the following documents described in Annex H of the Revised IRR of RA 9184 under “Appendix A: Documentary Requirement of Alternative Methods of Procurement as bases for technical evaluation by BCDA.
|Tab No.||Form No.||Description|
|1||EF 1||Eligibility Documents Submission Form|
- PhilGEPS Certification of Registration under Platinum Membership or Red Membership (all pages) pursuant to Section 8.5.2 of the 2016 revised IRR.
- Mayor’s/Business Permit or recently expired Mayor’s permit, the official receipt for renewal within the period prescribed by the concerned local government unit and the recently expired Mayor’s permit shall be submitted, in case of PhilGEPS Certification of Registration under Red Membership is submitted.
|3||TPF 1||Statement of All Completed Government and Private Contracts, For The Past 2 Years|
|Summary of Completed Projects for the Past 2 Years (All completed government and private contracts)
|5||TPF 3||Summary of Curriculum Vitae|
|6||TPF 4||Curriculum Vitae (CV) for Proposed Professional Staff|
|6.1||TPF 4A||Over-all Project Manager|
|6.2||TPF 4B||Research Executive/Analyst|
|6.3||TPF 4C||Data Processing Manager|
|6.4||TPF 4D||Lead Statistician|
|7||TPF 5||Format of Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the Firm/Entity|
|8||TPF 6||Certificate of Availability of Key Personnel|
|9||TPF 7||Plan of Approach and Methodology|
|10||FPF 1||Financial Proposal Submission Form|
|11||Omnibus Sworn Statement|
For the Financial Proposal: The CONSULTANT is also required to submit the Financial Proposal in a separate sealed envelope together with the above-mentioned requirements/documents. The financial proposals shall not exceed the approved budget for the contract and shall be deemed to include the cost of all taxes, duties, fees, levies and other charges imposed under applicable laws. Only the financial proposals of the consultants who meet the minimum technical score of 70% will be opened.
11. This contract shall be effective for six (6) months commencing from the date stated in the Notice to Proceed with an Approved Budget of the Contract (ABC) of Six Hundred Thousand Pesos Only (Php600,000.00), inclusive of applicable taxes and fees. The CONSULTANT will be paid in full upon submission to and acceptance by BCDA of the Final Report on the BCDA 2023 Client Satisfaction Measurement as indicated in Section IX. of the Terms of Reference.
11. Pre-Bid Conference. The BCDA will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on 14 November 2023, 1:00 PM, at BCDA Corporate Center, 2nd Floor Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City and/or through video conferencing via:
Zoom Link for the Meeting
Meeting ID: 931 0408 8497 | Passcode: 109791
12. Deadline for Submission of Proposal. The Bid Proposal must be duly received through manual/physical submission at the at BCDA Corporate Center, 2nd Floor Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City on or before 17 November 2023, 9:00 a.m. Late submission of Bid Proposal shall not be accepted. The bidders may submit their Bid Proposal before the deadline for submission of bids to avoid late submission.
The editable bid forms may be downloaded using the link below:
13. Opening of Bid Proposals. Opening of Bid Proposals shall be on 17 November 2023,
10:00 AM at the BCDA Corporate Center, 2nd Floor Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City and through video conferencing via:
Zoom Link for the Meeting:
Meeting ID: 936 3737 3383 | Passcode: 022502
14. The Technical and Financial Proposals shall be submitted by hand to the address below:
Vice President, Public Affairs Department
Bases Conversion and Development Authority
2nd Floor, Bonifacio Technology Center
31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1634
Your office may also contact Public Relations Officer IV, Mr Garry A. Cativo, thru office number (02) 8575-1732 and email address email@example.com.
15. Please be reminded that the reference time that will be followed shall be the computer system clock at the BCDA Central Receiving and Releasing Area (CRRA), BCDA Corporate Center, 2nd Floor Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. All bidder are advised to synchronize their timepieces therewith.
16. BCDA reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids, annul the procurement process or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder. BCDA reserves the right to waive minor defects in forms and requirements as long as they do not affect the genuineness and authenticity of the documents submitted.
Public Affairs Department