CONSULTING SERVICES FOR ADVANCE PRELIMINARY WORKS OF SUBIC-CLARK RAILWAY PROJECT
Request for Expression of Interest for
Consulting Services for Advance Preliminary Works of Subic-Clark Railway Project
- The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA), through its corporate funds and the FS Fund of the Department of Transportation (DOTr), intends to apply the sum of Sixty Eight Million Six Hundred Seventy Nine Thousand Four Hundred Forty Two Pesos (₱68,679,442), inclusive of value-added tax (VAT) and applicable government taxes, being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for the Consulting Services for the Advance Preliminary Works of the Subic-Clark Railway Project (SCRP). Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals.
- BCDA now calls for the submission of Eligibility Documents for the Consulting Services for the Advance Preliminary Works of the SCRP. Eligibility Documents of interested consultants must be duly received by the Bids and Awards Committee (BAC) Secretariat on or before 20 September 2018 (Thursday) at 2:00 PM at the BCDA Corporate Center, 2/F Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Metro Manila. The opening of the Eligibility Documents shall be on 20 September 2018 (Thursday) at 3:00 PM at the BCDA Corporate Center. Applications for eligibility will be evaluated based on a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from BCDA and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below during office hours between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested Bidders between 05 October 2018 (Friday) and 25 October 2018 (Thursday) from the address below upon payment of the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB), in the amount of Fifty Thousand Pesos (₱50,000).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of BCDA; provided that Bidders shall pay the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
- The BAC shall draw up the short list of consultants from those who have submitted Expression of Interest (EOI), including the Eligibility Documents, and have been determined as eligible in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act (RA) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR). The short list shall consist of not more than five (5) prospective bidders who will be entitled to submit bids. The criteria and rating system for short listing are:
- Relevant experience of the Consultant (40%);
- Qualifications of the Key Personnel to be assigned to the Project (50%); and
- Current workload of Key Personnel relative to capacity (10%).
The Consultants must garner a score of at least 70% marks to be qualified for short listing, but only the Bidders ranked top 5 of the list are to be included in the final short listing.
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion as specified in the IRR of RA 9184.
- Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, cooperatives, and partnerships or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
- BCDA shall evaluate bids using the Quality-Cost Based Evaluation/Selection (QCBE/QCBS) procedure with an 85:15 ratio. The technical proposal shall be given a weight of eighty-five percent (85%) and the financial proposal shall be given a weight of fifteen percent (15%). The criteria and rating system for the evaluation of bids shall be provided in the Instructions to Bidders.
- The Contract shall be completed within ten (10) months.
- BCDA will hold a Pre-Eligibility Conference on 17 September 2018 (Monday) at 9:00 AM at the BCDA Corporate Center, 2/F Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City, Metro Manila.
- BCDA reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the Contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders. Further, BCDA reserves the right to waive minor defects in the forms and requirements as long as they do not affect the genuineness and authenticity of the documents submitted.
- For further information, please refer to:
JEFF RANDELL B. VIÑAS
Head Secretariat, BAC for Consulting Services
BCDA Corporate Center
2/F Bonifacio Technology Center
31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City
Taguig City, Metro Manila
Tel. No.: 575-1739
JOSHUA M. BINGCANG
BAC for Consulting Services