SAN FERNANDO CITY LA UNION PORT EXPANSION PROJECT – CONSTRUCTION OF FERRY PORT TERMINAL
INVITATION TO BID
SAN FERNANDO LA UNION PORT EXPANSION PROJECT - CONSTRUCTION OF FERRY PORT TERMINAL
At Poro-point Freeport Zone San Fernando City, La Union
1. The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA), through its 2020 Corporate Budget downloaded from the Department of Transportation (DOTr), intends to apply the sum of Thirty-Nine Million Seven Hundred Sixty-Two Thousand Four Hundred Twenty-Nine and Nine Hundredths (PhP 39,762,429.09), inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees, being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC), for the San Fernando La Union Port Expansion Project - Construction of Ferry Port Terminal.
Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals.
2. BCDA now invites bids for the SAN FERNANDO LA UNION PORT EXPANSION PROJECT - CONSTRUCTION OF FERRY PORT TERMINAL located at Poro Point San Fernando City La Union. Completion of the Works is required in Three Hundred Sixty (360) calendar days. Prospective bidders must have completed a similar project with a contract amount of not less than fifty percent (50%) of the ABC. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
3. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using the non-discretionary pass/fail criterion as specified in the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships; and partnerships, corporations, organizations or joint ventures with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
4. Prospective bidders must have at least a license category “B” and a license classification “Medium A” from the Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board (PCAB) for General Building. The PCAB license must be valid and effective at the time of submission of the bid.
5. Interested bidders may obtain further information from BCDA and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from Tuesday, 13 October 2020 to Tuesday, 17 November 2020 during office hours between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM and on Wednesday, 18 Nov 2020 from 8:00 AM to 12:00NN.
6. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders from the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee in the amount of Twenty-Five Thousand Pesos (PhP25,000.00).
It may also be downloaded from the website of BCDA (www.bcda.gov.ph) and the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS).
Interested Bidders who did not purchase and fully pay the Bidding Documents will not be allowed to participate in the bidding.
7. BCDA will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on 22 October 2020 at 10:00 AM at the BCDA Corporate Center, 2/F Bonifacio Technology Center, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. Please check the BCDA website for advisories regarding online participation (http://www.bcda.gov.ph/bids).
8. Bids must be delivered not later than 18 November 2020 at 12:00 NN at the BCDA Corporate Center, 2/F Bonifacio Technology Center, 31stcorner 2nd Avenue, Crescent Park West, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms stated in ITB Clause 18.
Late bids shall not be accepted.
Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives on 18 November 2020 at 1:00 PM at the BCDA Corporate Center, 2/F Bonifacio Technology Center, 31stcorner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.
9. BCDA reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to terminate the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
10. For further information on this Invitation to Bid, please refer to:
Ms. Melinda Docallos or Mr. Franz Cimeni
Date of Posting: October 13, 2020
Aileen Anunciacion R. Zosa
BAC for Infrastructure