Request for Quotation for the Selection of a Consultant for the Production of the BCDA 2017 Annual Report
1. The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) is a government corporation mandated to transform former military bases and properties into premier centers of economic growth as stipulated in its mandate—Republic Act No. 7227 otherwise known as the “Bases Conversion and Development Act of 1992”.
2. The Annual Report is a major communication tool of BCDA in informing the public about the authority’s critical role on the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Modernization Program.
3. The publication of the report is consistent with the government policy on transparency and integrity as it details and features BCDA’s accomplishments for the year, pursuant to its mandates.
4. The report is also in compliance with the requirement of RA 7227, Section 10 (e) to “submit an annual report of the Conversion Authority to the President of the Philippines, President of the Senate, and Speaker of the House of Representatives”.
5. Further, the report is an important channel to communicate the accomplishments as well the progress of BCDA’s big-ticket projects which are included in President Rodrigo Roa Duterte’s infrastructure program dubbed “Build Build Build”, to wit: (1) Clark International Airport Expansion Project, (2) Subic-Clark Cargo Railway Project, (3) Bonifacio Global City (BGC) to Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) System and the (4) New Clark City.
6. Lastly, the report is a key tool of BCDA to communicate to the public the authority’s compliance with the Governance Commission for Government Owned-and-Controlled Corporations’ (GCG) requirements and policies on good governance which include integrity management, whistleblowing policy, Code of Conduct, among others.
7. In view of this, BCDA will procure and engage the services of a Consultant who shall assist the authority in the production of its 2017 Annual Report.
8. The Consultant must have the following qualifications:
a. The Consultant must be strictly a reputable corporate communication or advertising or marketing firm (can be design studios or agencies with graphic design/advertising as its main business) which has been in operations for at least three (3) years. In the case of joint ventures, the lead consulting firm should have at least three (3) years of business operation.
b. The Consultant must be registered online with the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (http://www.philgeps.gov.ph) as a legitimate service provider for government requirements.
c. The identified members of the proposed creative team must have at least three (3) years’ experience in communication or advertising as related to his function in the team.
d. The identified members of the proposed creative team must have handled at least three (3) creative projects which are similar in nature to the requirement (e.g. annual report, glossy magazines, coffee table book, brochures, corporate calendars, etc.) in a capacity related to his/her function in the team.
e. The Consultant must have produced at least three (3) similar creative projects which are similar in nature to the requirement (e.g. annual report, glossy magazines, coffee table book, brochures, corporate calendars, etc.) with a content price amounting to 50 percent of the Approved Budget for Contract (ABC).
The detailed responsibilities and deliverables are in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the Project.
9. The BCDA shall draw up a list of Consultants from those who have submitted their Expression of Interest, in accordance with the provisions of the Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act No. 9184 (R.A. 9184).
10. The Consultant shall be evaluated based on the Quality Based Evaluation (QBE) procedure as explained under Section 33.2.1 (a) of the 2016 Revised IRR of RA 9184.
11. The criteria and rating for the selection of the winning consultant are as follows:
Required Minimum Technical Score
A. Applicable experience of the Consultant (20%)
B. Qualification of personnel who shall be assigned to the project (20%)
C. Plan of Approach and Project Methodology (60%)
The Minimum Technical Score of 70% should be met.
12. The Consultant is also required to submit the following documents to be used by BCDA as basis for the technical evaluation by BCDA and as described in Annex H of the Revised IRR of RA 9184 under “Appendix A: Documentary Requirement of Alternative Methods of Procurement”:
Annex A : Valid and current Mayor’s/Business Permit (city or
municipal)/Municipal License, where the principal
place of business of the prospective bidder is located.
Annex B : Curriculum Vitae of the Firm (using prescribed
form) and Detailed Company Profile
Annex C : Curriculum Vitae of Consultant’s Key Assigned
Team Members (using prescribed form)
Annex D : PhilGEPS Registration Number
Annex E : 2016 Income/Business Tax Return
Annex F : Duly notarized Omnibus Sworn Statement
Annex G : List of similar projects handled/completed in the
past two (2) years within the period November 29, 2015 to November 29, 2017. The projects to be listed should be duly accompanied by supporting documents such as: (1) Copy of certificate of satisfactory completion or (2) Proof of Final Payment
Annex H : Proposed Design Concepts with copy executed into
- Two (2) concepts/themes for the BCDA 2017 Annual Report;
- Two (2) copywriting samples on the overall concept design (theme and rationale)
Annex I : Two (2) copywriting samples of published works
of the Copy editor
Annex J : Portfolio of the Photographer (in printed and
13. The Consultant is also required to submit its Financial Proposal in a separate sealed envelope together with the above-mentioned requirements/documents. The financial proposals shall not exceed the approved budget for the contract (ABC) and shall be deemed to include the cost of all taxes, duties, fees, levies and other charges imposed under applicable laws. Only the financial proposals of the consultants who meet the minimum technical score of 70% will be opened.
14. The approved budget for the contract is PESOS: One Million Pesos (PhP1,000,000.00) inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected.
15. The contract shall be effective for a period of one (1) year from the date stated in the Notice to Proceed (NTP) and until the full delivery of the requirement and acceptance by the BCDA is accomplished by the Consultant.
16. The BCDA invites interested Consultants to participate in the procurement process and submit their Letter of Intent; Technical Proposal composed of the aforecited Annexes A to J, and the Financial Proposal by hand on or before December 11, 2017, 10:00 a.m. at the BCDA Central Receiving and Releasing Area (CRRA), Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) Corporate Office, 2/F, Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street, corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. The bids shall be addressed to Ms. Leilani Barlongay-Macasaet, Head of Corporate Communication Office.
17. The basis of recording the time of receipt shall be the computer at CRRA. Bids submitted after the deadline shall be received only for purposes of marking and recording the time of receipt but shall not be accepted; thus, they shall be returned unopened and intact.
18. An oral presentation of the technical proposal for the BCDA 2017 Annual Report shall immediately follow on December 11, 2017, 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) Corporate Office, 2/F, Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street, corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.
19. A Pre-bid Conference for the discussion of the Terms of Reference (TOR), salient features and deliverables of the contract will be on December 6, 2017, 10:00 am at the BCDA Corporate Office (same address as above).
20. The BCDA reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids, annul the procurement process, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder.
21. For further information, your office may contact BCDA Corporate Communication Officer Ms. Michelle San Juan-De Vera thru telephone number 575-1734 or email address email@example.com.
Head, Corporate Communication Office