Request for Quotation for the Selection of a Consultant for the 2017 BCDA Stakeholders' Satisfaction Study
Request for Quotation
For the Selection of a Consultant
for the 2017 BCDA STAKEHOLDER SATISFACTION STUDY
1. The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) is a government corporation mandated to transform former military bases and properties into premier centers of economic growth. Its major stakeholder is the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), and 14 other government beneficiaries prescribed by its charter, Republic Act 7227.
2. BCDA acknowledges the importance of stakeholder satisfaction as it pursues its mandate of development. By measuring stakeholders’ feedback toward its programs and services, BCDA has basis for necessitating improvements in its operations.
3. In view of this, BCDA will procure and engage a Consultant that will conduct the BCDA 2017 Stakeholder Study, a project which entails scholarly research on the satisfaction level of stakeholders towards BCDA’s programs and projects; and on public awareness, and perception on BCDA’s corporate reputation and image.
4. It is imperative that the BCDA 2017 Stakeholder Study be conducted by an independent third party research professional as guided by the good governance conditions prescribed by the Governance Commission on Government-Owned and –Controlled Corporations (GCG).
5. The Consultant shall have the following minimum qualifications:
a. The Consultant must be strictly a reputable research and/or communications firm which has been in operations for at least two (2) years. In the case of joint ventures, the lead consulting firm should have at least two (2) years of business operation.
b. The identified members of the proposed research team must have at least three (3) years experience in communications research as related to his function in the team. The two (2) identified key members of the CONSULTANT are the HEAD RESEARCHER & RESEARCH CONSULTANT.
c. The identified members of the proposed research team must have handled at least three (3) research projects which are similar in nature to the requirement (e.g. evaluative research, survey, stakeholder relations studies, etc.) in a capacity related to his/her function in the team.
d. The Consultant must provide the necessary manpower for the conduct of the BCDA 2017 Stakeholder Study, apart from the identified key members of the research team to be assigned to BCDA.
e. The CONSULTANT must be registered online with the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (http://www.philgeps.gov.ph) as a legitimate service provider for government requirements. The CONSULTANT is mandated to register with the PhilGEPS and provide a PhilGEPS Registration number as a condition for award of the contract;
f. The CONSULTANT shall be assessed based on the most favorable compliance with the criteria.
6. The CONSULTANT to be hired shall be responsible for the following:
a. Conduct of research work for the BCDA 2017 Stakeholder Study.
b. Conduct of data collection and data processing necessary for the BCDA 2017 Stakeholder Study.
c. Perform data analysis and provide recommendations for consideration of top management in pursuing its plans and programs for stakeholders—guided by previous BCDA Stakeholder Satisfaction Studies, the GCG conditions and the ISO 9001: 2015 standards.
d. Prepare, present and submit to BCDA top management and the management committee comprehensive reports that will form part of the BCDA Stakeholder Satisfaction Study
e. Adhere to agreed timelines.
f. Shoulder compensation of manpower engaged for the conduct of the study as well as expenses for meals, transportation, and additional accommodation needed if in case the BCDA staff house is unavailable on required dates.
The detailed responsibilities and deliverables are in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the Project.
7. The BCDA shall draw up a list of consultants from those who have submitted their Expression of Interest, in accordance with the provisions of the revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act 9184 (R.A. 9184).
8. The CONSULTANT shall be evaluated based on the Quality Cost Based Evaluation (QCBE) procedure wherein the Technical and Financial Proposal are given weights of 85% and 15%, respectively. The QCBE procedure is described under Section 33.2.1b of Republic Act 9184 and its 2016 Implementing Rules and Regulations.
9. The criteria and rating system for the selection of the winning consultant are as follows:
Minimum Technical Score
Applicable Years of Experience of the Consultant/Firm (20%)
Similar projects completed (20%)
Qualification of personnel who shall be assigned to the project (20%)
Research Design (40%)
The Minimum Technical Score of 70% should be met.
10. The CONSULTANT is also required to submit the following documents to be used by BCDA as basis for the technical evaluation.
a. Technical Proposal:
The CONSULTANT is required to submit the following documents to be as basis for technical evaluation by BCDA and as described in Annex H of the Revised IRR of RA 9184 under “Appendix A: Documentary Requirement of Alternative Methods of Procurement”:
Annex A: Registration Certificate from Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or;Registration Certificate from the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) for sole proprietorship
Annex B: Valid and current Mayor’s Permit (city or municipal)/Municipal License, where the principal place of business of the prospective bidder is located.
Annex C: 2016 Income/Business Tax Return
Annex D: PhilGEPS Registration Number
Annex E: Company Profile
Annex F: CV of Consultant’s Key Assigned Team Members
Each CV should show the length of experience and
projects handled in the past two years by Key Assigned
Team Members of the CONSULTANT (Technical Proposal
Annex G: List of similar projects handled/completed in the past two (2) years. Projects awarded on or after October 16, 2016 and completed on or before October 16, 2017. The list of projects awarded and completed should include duration of project. (Technical Proposal Form 2)
Annex H: Omnibus Sworn Statement (Technical Proposal Form 3)
11. The CONSULTANT is also required to submit his/her/its Financial Proposal in a separate sealed envelope together with the above-mentioned requirements/documents. The financial proposals shall not exceed the approved budget for the contract and shall be deemed to include the cost of all taxes, duties, fees, levies and other charges imposed under applicable laws. Only the financial proposals of the consultants who meet the minimum technical score of 70% will be opened.
12. This contract shall be effective for three (3) months from the date stated in the Notice to Proceed with an approved budget of the Contract of Eight Hundred Thousand Pesos Only (Php800,000.00) inclusive of applicable taxes and fees. The CONSULTANT will be paid in full upon submission to and acceptance by BCDA of a final report on the BCDA 2017 Stakeholder Study as indicated in Section V. of the Terms of Reference. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected.
13. The BCDA invites interested consultants to participate in the procurement process and submit their Letter of Intent; Technical Proposal composed of the aforecited Annexes A to H, and the Financial Proposal by hand on or before 16 October 2017, Monday, 12:00 noon.
14. The Letter of Intent, the Technical and Financial Proposals shall be submitted by hand to the address below:
Head, Corporate Communication Office
Bases Conversion and Development Authority
2nd Floor, Bonifacio Technology Center
31st Street corner 2nd Avenue
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1634
Your office may also contact Ms. Maricar Gay S. Villamil thru telephone number 575-1735; email address: email@example.com.
Head, Corporate Communication Office