Procurement of Consulting Services for the Construction Management and Supervision (CMS) of the New Clark City Connecting Road Package 2 (Industrial Area, Virology Institute, BSP)
1. The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA), through the 2023 General Appropriations Act, intends to apply the sum of Pesos: Sixty- Five Million Two Hundred Thirty Four Thousand Four Hundred and 0/100 (PhP 65,234,400.00), inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees, being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) to payments under the contract for the Procurement of Consulting Services for the Construction Management and Supervision (CMS) of the New Clark City (NCC) Connecting Road Package 2 (Industrial Area, Virology Institute, BSP Complex). Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals.
2. The BCDA now calls for the submission of Eligibility Documents for the Procurement of Consulting Services for the CMS of the New Clark City (NCC) Connecting Road Package 2 (Industrial Area, Virology Institute, BSP Complex). Eligibility Documents of interested bidders must be duly received on or before 1 September 2023, 9:00 AM at the BCDA Central Receiving and Releasing Area (CRRA), BCDA Corporate Center, 2nd Floor Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. Applications for eligibility will be evaluated based on a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion.
3. The BCDA will hold a Pre-Eligibility Conference on 18 August 2023, 1:00 PM at BCDA Corporate Center, 2nd Floor Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City and/or through video conferencing via:
Zoom Link for the Meeting
Meeting ID: 996 1935 3311
4. Interested bidders may obtain further information and inspect the Bidding Documents at the BCDA website (bcda.gov.ph/bids) or at the BCDA Corporate Center, 2nd Floor Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City from:
a. 11 August 2023 to 1 September 2023 for purposes of Eligibility and Shortlisting; and
b. until 10 October 2023 for the submission of Technical and Financial Proposals.
5. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be acquired by interested bidders on the dates and from the address given above and upon payment of the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents, pursuant to the latest Guidelines issued by the GPPB, in the amount of Pesos: Fifty Thousand and 00/100 (PhP 50,000.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the BCDA website (bcda.gov.ph/bids), provided that bidders shall pay the applicable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
6. The Bids and Awards Committee for Consulting Services (BAC-C) shall draw up a shortlist of Consultants from those who have submitted Expressions of Interest, including the Eligibility Documents, and have been determined as eligible in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”, and its 2016 Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (RIRR). The shortlist shall consist of at most five (5) prospective bidders who will be entitled to submit bids. The criteria and rating system for shortlisting are:
|Evaluation Criteria for Shortlisting||Rating||Minimum Required Rating|
|1. Relevant Experience of the Consultant||20%||14%|
|2. Qualification of the Key Personnel to be Assigned to the Consulting Services||60%||42%|
|3. Current Workload of the Consultant Relative to its Capacity||20%||14%|
The prospective Consultant(s) must pass the required minimum score of seventy percent (70%) on each criterion to be shortlisted.
7. Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using non-discretionary “pass/fail” criteria as specified in the IRR of RA 9184.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, cooperatives, and partnerships or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
8. The Procuring Entity shall evaluate bids using the Quality-Cost Based Evaluation (QCBE) with the Technical Proposal having a 70% weight and the Financial Proposal having a 30% weight. The criteria and rating system for the evaluation of bids shall be provided in the Instructions to Bidders.
9. The contract shall be completed within Twenty-Seven (27) Months Construction Phase, Post-Construction/Documentation Phase or until the issuance of the Certificate of Completion to the Consultant.
10. The BCDA reserves the right to reject any and all bids, declare a failure of bidding, or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award in accordance with Section 41 of RA 9184 and its IRR, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
11. BCDA reserves the right to waive minor defects in forms and requirements as long as they do not affect the genuineness and authenticity of the documents submitted.
12. The reference time that will be followed shall be the computer system clock at the BCDA CRRA, BCDA Corporate Center, 2nd Floor Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. Interested bidders are advised to synchronize their timepieces therewith.
For further information, please refer to:
Maricar Gay S. Savella-Villamil
Head Secretariat, BAC for Consulting Services
BCDA Corporate Center
2nd Floor Bonifacio Technology Center,
31st Street corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City,
Tel. No.: (02) 8575-1781
Date of issuance/posting: 11 August 2023
ARREY A. PEREZ
Bids and Awards Committee for Consulting Services