DESIGN, BUILD, AND ESTABLISHMENT OF THE NATIONAL FIBER BACKBONE – PHASE 1
INVITATION TO BID
DESIGN, BUILD, AND ESTABLISHMENT OF THE
NATIONAL FIBER BACKBONE – PHASE 1
- The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA), through the Funds of the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) under the General Appropriations Act which were downloaded to BCDA, intends to apply the sum of One Billion, Two Hundred Fifty Million 00/100 Pesos (Php1,250,000,000.00), inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees, being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC), for the Design, Build and Establishment of the National Fiber Backbone Phase 1.
Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals.
- BCDA now invites bids for the Design, Build and Establishment of the National Fiber Backbone Phase 1. Completion of the Works is required in Two Hundred (200) calendar days. Prospective bidders must have completed similar projects with contract amount of not less than fifty percent (50%) of the ABC.
- Bidding will be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures using the non- discretionary pass/fail criterion as specified in the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act 9184 (RA 9184), otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”.
Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships; and partnerships, corporations, organizations, consortia or joint ventures with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
- Prospective bidders must have at least a license category “AAA” and a license classification “Large B” from the Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board (PCAB) for General Engineering, General Building, Electrical Works or Communication Facilities.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from the BCDA Website (http://www.bcda.gov.ph/bids) and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 17 February 2021 to 12 March 2021 during office hours between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM and on 15 March 2021 between 8:00AM to 12:00NN.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders from the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee in the amount of PhP75,000.00.
It may also be downloaded from the website of BCDA (bcda.gov.ph) and the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS).
Interested Bidders who did not purchase and fully pay the Bidding Documents will not be allowed to participate in the bidding.
- BCDA will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on 26 February 2021 at 10:00AM at the BCDA Corporate Center, 2/F Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street, corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.
- Bids must be delivered not later than 15 March 2021 at 12:00NN at the BCDA Corporate Center, 2/F Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street, corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. All bids must be accompanied by a bid security in any of the acceptable forms stated in ITB Clause 15.
Late bids shall not be accepted.
Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives on 15 March 2021 at 1:00PM at the BCDA Corporate Center, 2/F Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street, corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City.
For the detailed evaluation of the design and build proposals a two-step procedure shall be adopted by the SBAC consistent with Annex G - Guidelines for the Procurement and Implementation of Contracts for Design and Build Infrastructure Projects of the Revised IRR of RA 9184, which will be undertaken with the assistance of DICT.
- BCDA reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to terminate the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- For further information on this Invitation to Bid, please refer to:
Date of Posting: 17 Feb 2021
Aileen An. R. Zosa