Consulting Services for the SPECIALIZED COMMUNICATION PROGRAM: STRATEGIC REGIONAL COMMUNICATION AND INVESTOR RELATIONS CAMPAIGN FOR CLARK
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Consulting Services for the
SPECIALIZED COMMUNICATION PROGRAM:
STRATEGIC REGIONAL COMMUNICATION AND INVESTOR RELATIONS CAMPAIGN FOR CLARK
- The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA), through its 2018 Corporate Budget approved by the BCDA Board of Directors, intends to apply the sum of Eight Million Five Hundred Thousand Pesos (PhP8,500,000.00) inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees being the Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) for the Consulting Services for the Specialized Communication Program: Strategic Regional Communication and Investor Relations Campaign for Clark. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected at the opening of the financial proposals.
More details on the scope of work are provided in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the project.
2. The BCDA now calls for the submission of eligibility documents for Consulting Services for the Specialized Communication Program: Strategic Regional Communication and Investor Relations Campaign for Clark. The Consultant’s work includes but shall not be limited to the implementation of a holistic communication campaign in order to build investor confidence in BCDA and its various projects in Clark to prospective investors and key business leaders in the Asia Pacific region.
4. A Pre-Eligibility Conference for the discussion of Eligibility Documents will be conducted on June 19, 2018, 11:00 a.m. at the BCDA Corporate Center, 2/F, Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street, corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
5. Prospective bidders must submit their Eligibility Documents on or before June 25, 2018, 10:00 a.m. at the BCDA Corporate Office (same address above). Applications for eligibility will be evaluated based on a non-discretionary “pass/fail” criterion. The Opening of Eligibility Documents is on the same day at 10:30 a.m. at the BCDA Corporate Office (same address above).
6. The BAC for Consultancy shall draw up a shortlist of at most seven (7) consultants from those who have submitted the eligibility documents, and have been determined as eligible in accordance with the provisions of Republic Act (RA) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”, and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR). Shortlisted bidders shall be entitled to submit bids.
7. The bidder must be registered with the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (http://www.philgeps.gov.ph) as a legitimate service provider for government requirements and must have the following qualifications:
- The Consulting Firm must strictly be a communication firm with a regional affiliation in the Asia Pacific.
- The Consulting Firm must have handled at least three (3) communication projects either for government or private firms.
- The Consulting Firm must have at least five (5) years business operations. In the case of joint ventures, any of the partners should have at least five (5) years business operations.
- The Consulting Firm must have a partner affiliate in the Asia Pacific region that :
- has at least five (5) years business operations;
- an established regional presence in handling clients in government, multinational and/or financial institutions, and doing investment promotions, stakeholder and reputation management, strategic communications solutions, cross-market research and/or business advisory services in the Asia Pacific region;
- has a strong and established presence in the ASEAN and the Asia Pacific region—with at least one (1) office within the region aside from the Philippines.
- has strong and established media network in the Asia Pacific, that includes ASEAN-member countries, as well as China, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and/or Australia.
- must have handled at least three (3) projects in the abovementioned industries amounting to at least half the price of the Approved Budget for Contract (ABC).
- The Consulting Firm must assign a communication team with the following qualifications:
Years of experience in the Asia Pacific region, relevant to his function in the team
Number of projects handled which are similar to the requirement
at least 10 years
at least 10 projects
at least 5 years
at least 5 projects
Publicity Management Specialist
at least 5 years
at least 5 projects
at least 3 years
at least 3 projects
- Any Consulting Firm which is directly associated or which may be directly associated with any entity which has a conflict of interest in, or bias against the BCDA Group shall be disqualified from bidding for the Consulting Services for the Specialized Communication Program: Strategic Regional Communication and Investor Relations Campaign for Clark.
8. The Consultant must be assessed based on the most favorable compliance of the criteria set by BCDA.
9. The criteria and rating system for short listing are:
Required Minimum Score
Current Workload Relative to Capacity pertains to the ratio between one (1) proposed key personnel to current number of projects he/she is handling.
- . Shortlisted eligible bidders may purchase the Bid Documents at a nonrefundable fee of Php,000 at the BCDA Corporate Office (same address above).
11. Bidding shall be conducted through open competitive bidding procedures and is subject to the conditions for eligibility as specified in the IRR of RA 9184.
12. Bidding is restricted to Filipino citizens/sole proprietorships, cooperatives, and partnerships or organizations with at least sixty percent (60%) interest or outstanding capital stock belonging to citizens of the Philippines.
- BCDA shall evaluate the bids using the Quality-Based Evaluation (QBE) procedure.
14. The Contract for the Specialized Communication Program: Strategic Regional Communication and Investor Relations Campaign for Clark shall be completed within six (6) months from receipt of Notice to Proceed (NTP).
- BCDA reserves the right to accept or reject any or all of the Bids without giving any reason whatsoever.
- BCDA reserves the right to waive any minor defects in the Qualification Documents and Bid Proposals and accept the offer it deems most advantageous to the Government.
- BCDA reserves the right not to proceed with the Bidding Process without prior notice of incurring liability and without giving any reason whatsoever.
- For questions and clarifications, please contact:
JEFF RANDELL B. VIŇAS
Bids and Awards Committee for Consultancy Services
Tel. No. (632) 575-1739
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of posting: 16 June 2018
JOSHUA M. BINGCANG
Chairperson, Bids and Awards Committee – Consultancy Services