Consulting Services for the 2019 BCDA Stakeholder Study
REQUEST FOR QUOTATION
For the Selection of a Consultant
for the 2019 BCDA STAKEHOLDER SATISFACTION STUDY
1. The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) is a government corporation mandated to transform former military bases and properties into premier centers of economic growth. Its major stakeholder is the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), and 14 other government beneficiaries prescribed by its charter, Republic Act 7227.
2. BCDA acknowledges the importance of stakeholder satisfaction as it pursues its mandate of development. By measuring stakeholders’ feedback toward its programs and services, BCDA has basis for necessitating improvements in its operations.
3. In view of this, BCDA will procure and engage a Consultant that will conduct the BCDA 2019 Stakeholder Study, a project which entails scholarly research on the satisfaction level of stakeholders towards BCDA’s programs and projects; and on public awareness, and perception on BCDA’s corporate reputation and image.
4. It is imperative that the BCDA 2019 Stakeholder Study be conducted by an independent third party research firm as guided by the “Standard Guidelines of the GCG on the Conduct of the Customer Satisfaction Survey of the GOCCS under the jurisdiction of the GCG,” the Performance Evaluation System Guidebook of the Governance Commission on Government-Owned and -Controlled Corporations (GCG), ISO 9001:2015 Standards, and the Terms of Reference for the 2019 BCDA Stakeholder Satisfaction Study.
5. The Consultant shall have the following minimum qualifications:
a. The CONSULTANT must strictly be a reputable research and/or communications firm which has been in operations for at least two (2) years. In the case of joint ventures, the lead consulting firm should have at least two (2) years of business operation.
b. The research team must be composed of the following four (4) identified key members: PROJECT MANAGER, RESEARCH EXECUTIVE, DATA PROCESSING SUPERVISOR AND FIELD SUPERVISOR.
c. The identified members of the proposed research team must have at least three (3) years experience in communications research as related to his function in the team.
d. The identified members of the proposed research team must have handled at least three (3) research projects which are similar in nature to the requirement (e.g. evaluative research, survey, stakeholder relations studies, etc.) in a capacity related to his/her function in the team.
e. The CONSULTANT must provide the necessary manpower support for the conduct of the BCDA 2019 Stakeholder Study, as required in the GCG guideline.
f. The CONSULTANT must be registered online with the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (http://www.philgeps.gov.ph) as a legitimate service provider for government requirements. The CONSULTANT is mandated to register with the PhilGEPS and provide a PhilGEPS Registration number as a condition for award of the contract.
g. The CONSULTANT shall be assessed based on the most favorable compliance with the criteria.
6. The CONSULTANT to be hired shall be responsible for the following:
a. The CONSULTANT shall perform research work for the BCDA 2018 Stakeholder Study, and shall adhere to the “GCG Standard Guideline on the Conduct of Customer Satisfaction Survey of the GOCCs under the Jurisdiction of GCG,” which forms part of the Terms of Reference (TOR).
b. The CONSULTANT shall perform data collection and data processing necessary for the BCDA 2019 Stakeholder Satisfaction Study based on the attached GCG Standard Guideline, which will form part of the TOR.
c. The CONSULTANT shall perform data analysis and provide recommendations for consideration of top management in pursuing its plans and programs for stakeholders—guided by the GCG Guidelines and the ISO 9001: 2015 standards.
d. The CONSULTANT shall prepare, present and submit to BCDA top management comprehensive reports that will form part of the BCDA Stakeholder Satisfaction Study.
e. The CONSULTANT shall adhere to agreed timelines.
f. The CONSULTANT shall shoulder the compensation of the manpower support that will be engaged for the conduct of the Study, as well as the expenses for meals, transportation, and additional accommodation, if in case the BCDA staff house is unavailable on required dates.
7. The BCDA shall draw up a list of consultants from those who have submitted their Letter of Intent, Technical Proposal and Financial Proposal, in accordance with the provisions of the revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act 9184 (R.A. 9184).
8. The CONSULTANT shall be evaluated based on the Quality Cost Based Evaluation (QCBE) procedure wherein the Technical and Financial Proposal are given weights of 85% and 15%, respectively. The QCBE procedure is described under Section 33.2.1b of Republic Act 9184 and its 2016 Implementing Rules and Regulations.
9. The criteria and rating system for the selection of the winning consultant are as follows:
Evaluation Criteria Weight Minimum Technical Score
Technical Proposal 85% 70%
Applicable Years of Experience of the Consultant/Firm (20%) 20%
Similar projects completed (20%) 20%
Qualification of personnel who shall be assigned to the project (20%) 20%
Research Design (40%) 40%
Financial Proposal 15%
TOTAL SCORE 100%
The Minimum Technical Score of 70% should be met.
10. The CONSULTANT is also required to submit the following documents to be used by BCDA as basis for the technical evaluation.
The CONSULTANT is required to submit the following documents described in Annex H of the Revised IRR of RA 9184 under “Appendix A: Documentary Requirement of Alternative Methods of Procurement as bases for technical evaluation by BCDA.
Annex A: Valid and current Mayor’s Permit (city or municipal)/
Municipal License, where the principal place of business of the
prospective bidder is located.
Annex B: Valid Tax Clearance
Annex C: PhilGEPS Registration Number
Annex D: Company Profile
Annex E: List of similar ongoing and completed projects of the firm
from September 15,2017 to present(Technical Proposal Form 2
Annex F: CV of Consultant’s Assigned Key Team Members
Each CV should show the length of experience and a list of ongoing and completed projects handled from September 15,2017 until the present (Technical Proposal Form 2)
Annex G: Omnibus Sworn Statement (Technical Proposal Form 3)
Annex H: 2018 Income/Business Tax Return
11. The CONSULTANT is also required to submit the Financial Proposal in a separate sealed envelope together with the above-mentioned requirements/documents. The financial proposals shall not exceed the approved budget for the contract and shall be deemed to include the cost of all taxes, duties, fees, levies and other charges imposed under applicable laws. Only the financial proposals of the consultants who meet the minimum technical score of 70% will be opened.
12. This contract shall be effective for four (4) months from the date stated in the Notice to Proceed with an approved budget of the Contract of Eight Hundred Thousand Pesos Only (Php800,000.00), inclusive of applicable taxes and fees. The CONSULTANT will be paid in full upon submission to and acceptance by BCDA of a final report on the BCDA 2019 Stakeholder Study as indicated in Section V. of the Terms of Reference. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected.
13. The BCDA invites interested consultants to participate in the procurement process and submit their Letter of Intent; Technical Proposal composed of the afore-cited Annexes A to H, and the Financial Proposal by hand on or before 13 September 2019, Friday, 5:00 p.m.
14. The Letter of Intent, the Technical and Financial Proposals shall be submitted by hand to the address below:
Assistant Vice President, Corporate Communication Office
Bases Conversion and Development Authority
2nd Floor, Bonifacio Technology Center
31st Street corner 2nd Avenue
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1634
Your office may also contact Ms. Patricia Ruth B. Cailao thru telephone number 575-1735; email address: email@example.com.
Assistant Vice President
Corporate Communication Office