Bidding for the Design, Supply, Delivery, Installation, Test and Commissioning of Modular Information Technology Facilities (MITFs) for the Bases Conversion and Development Authority
Invitation To Bid
BIDDING FOR THE DESIGN, SUPPLY, DELIVERY, INSTALLATION, TEST AND
COMMISSIONING OF MODULAR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FACILITIES (MITFs)
FOR THE BASES CONVERSION AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (BCDA)
1. The BASES CONVERSION AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (hereinafter referred to as BCDA), through its Bids and
Awards Committee (BAC) for Goods, invites Eligible Bidders to bid for the DESIGN, SUPPLY, DELIVERY, INSTALLATION, TEST AND COMMISSIONING OF MODULAR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY FACILITIES (MITFs) FOR THE BCDA with an Approved Budget for the Contract (ABC) in the amount of Pesos: Two Hundred Ninety Million Four Hundred Eighty Seven Thousand Two Hundred Ninety Six (PhP 290,487,296.00), inclusive of all transport costs, applicable taxes, duties and fees.
2. Bids received in excess of the ABC shall automatically be rejected at the bid opening.
3. Local and Foreign Bidders can participate in this bidding.
4. Bidders should have completed a single contract that is similar to the contract to be bid within the past five (5) years and whose value must be at least fifty percent (50%) of the ABC or two (2) similar contracts with an aggregate amount equivalent to at least the fifty (50%) of the ABC. The definition of an eligible bidder is contained in the Instruction to Bidders (ITB) of the Bid Documents.
5. In case of Joint Venture, at least one of the parties should have completed a single contract that is similar to the contract to be bid within the past five (5) years and whose value must be at least fifty percent (50%) of the ABC or two (2) similar contracts with an aggregate amount equivalent to at least the fifty (50%) of the ABC.
6. Bidding will be conducted following a two (2) stage competitive bidding of goods, using non-discretionary “pass/fail” criteria as specified in Section 30.3 of the Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act (RA) 9184, otherwise known as the “Government Procurement Reform Act”. 
7. A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested bidders at BCDA Corporate Center, 2nd Floor, Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st St. corner 2nd Ave, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City starting 20 January 2017 until 22 February 2017 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM except Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays, and until 2:00 PM on 23 February 2017, upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Fifty Thousand Pesos and 00/100 (PhP 50,000.00).
8. Prospective bidders may also download the Bid Documents free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the website of BCDA (www.bcda.gov.ph). However, they cannot participate in the Bidding until the non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents is paid not later than the submission of their bids. (based on Section 17.5 of the revised IRR of RA 9184)
9. A Pre-Bid Conference for the purpose will be held on 30 January 2017 at 2:00 at the BCDA Corporate Center, with the same address given above.
10. First Stage: Deadline for the submission of the Eligibility Documents, Technical Proposal and Conceptual Design is on or before 23 February 2017 at 2:00 PM at the BCDA Central Receiving and Releasing Area (CRRA) located at the same address indicated in item 7. The reference time that will be followed shall be the computer system clock at the CRRA. Interested bidders are advised to synchronize their timepieces therewith.
11. First Stage: Opening of the Eligibility Documents, Technical Proposal and Conceptual Design will be on 23 February 2017 at 3:00 PM at the BCDA Corporate Center, with the same address given above, which shall be open to all interested parties.
12. Second Stage: Deadline for the submission of the Revised Technical Proposal and Conceptual Design, and Financial Proposal is on or before 13 March 2017 at 2:00 PM at the BCDA Central Receiving and Releasing Area (CRRA) located at the same address indicated in item 7.
13. Second Stage: Opening of the Revised Technical Proposal and Conceptual Design, will be on 13 March 2017 at 3:00 PM at the BCDA Corporate Center, with the same address given above, which shall be open to all interested parties.
14. Second Stage: Opening of Financial Proposal for compliant bidders will be on 16 March 2017 at 2:00 PM at the BCDA Corporate Center, with the same address given above, which shall be open to all interested parties.
15. BCDA reserves the right to waive minor defects in form and requirement as long as they do not affect the genuineness and authenticity of the documents submitted.
16. BCDA reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul or cancel the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without incurring any liability to the affected bidder/s.
17. All particulars relative to Eligibility Statement, Screening, Bid Security, Performance Security, Pre-bid Conference(s), Evaluation of Bids, Post-Qualification and Award of Contract shall be governed by pertinent provisions of RA 9184 and its 2016 revised Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR).
18. To facilitate eligibility checking, interested bidders may apply for registration with the BCDA through its Secretariat not later than ten (10) days from the scheduled submission and opening of bids for the project.
For inquiries, please contact the following at telephone numbers given below:
Ms Merlin A. Parducho (BAC for Goods Secretariat) (02) 575-1700 local 1737
Ms Gerber So-Eresmas (02) 575-1700 local 1748
(SGD.) AILEEN ANUNCIACION R. ZOSA
Date of Posting:
20 January 2017
 Section 30.3 of the IRR of RA 9184 states: For the procurement of goods where, due to the nature of the requirements of the project, the required technical specifications/requirements of the contract cannot be precisely defined in advance of bidding, or where the problem of technically unequal bids is likely to occur, a two (2)-stage bidding procedure may be employed. In these cases, the procuring entity concerned shall prepare the Bidding Documents, including the technical specification in the form of performance criteria only. Under this procedure, prospective bidders shall be requested at the first stage to submit their respective eligibility requirements if needed, and initial technical proposals only (no price tenders). The concerned BAC shall then evaluate the technical merits of the proposals received from eligible bidders vis-à-vis the required performance standards. A meeting/discussion shall then be held by the BAC with those eligible bidders whose technical tenders meet the minimum required standards stipulated in the Bidding Documents for purposes of drawing up the final revised technical specifications/requirements of the contract. Once the final revised technical specifications are completed and duly approved by the concerned BAC, copies of the same shall be issued to all the bidders identified in the first stage who shall then be required to submit their revised technical tenders, including their price proposals in two (2) separate sealed envelopes in accordance with this IRR, at a specified deadline, after which time no more bids shall be received. The concerned BAC shall then proceed in accordance with the procedure prescribed in this IRR.