Consulting Services for the Preparation of Environmental Impact Statement and Facilitation of ECC Application for the New Clark City (NCC) Project
Request for Quotation
Selection of a Consultant for the Consulting Services for the Preparation of Environmental Impact Statement and Facilitation of ECC application for the New Clark City (NCC) Project
- The Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) is mandated under Republic Act No. 7227, as amended by Republic Act No. 7917, to accelerate the sound and balanced conversion into alternative productive uses of the Clark and Subic military reservations and their extension, to raise funds by the sale of portions of Metro Manila Military Camps; and to apply said funds for the development and conversion into alternative productive uses of these properties.
- Since its creation in 1992, the BCDA has remained at the forefront of development efforts in the country. It has proven to be one of the most successful government agencies in attracting investments, creating jobs for the Filipino people and boosting the Philippine economy.
- On 06 August 2013, the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) approved the Master Plan for the development of 9,450 hectares of idle land within the Clark Freeport and Special Economic Zone (CFSEZ) which is named by the BCDA as the "Clark Green City" Project (CGC Project). Subsequently, the House of Representatives passed Resolution No. 116 on 28 July 2014 expressing support to the CGC Project.
- CGC Project (now called New Clark City or NCC) is a flagship project of the Government of the Republic of the Philippines which is a modern metropolis with a mix of residential, commercial, agro-industrial, institutional and information technology development as well as a community of residents, workers, and business establishments within a balanced, healthy and safe environment
- Based on the revised guidelines for coverage screening and standardized requirement under the Philippine EIS System per Environmental Management Bureau (EMB) Memorandum Circular 005 on July 2014, The New Clark City is under Category B, which is required to submit a complete Environmental Impact Statement before the issuance of an Environmental Compliance Certificate.
- Environmental Impact Statement system under Presidential Decree 1586, which was ratified on June 11 1978 requires every proposed environmentally critical project or project located in environmentally critical area to prepare an Environmental Impact Statement to justify why the project should be implemented.
- The Environmental Impact statement will be reviewed by DENR-EMB and upon their approval an Environmental Compliance Certificate will be issued to BCDA.
- To comply with the foregoing, there is a need to engage the services of a reputable consultancy firm who will prepare the Environmental Impact Statement and facilitate the application of Environmental Compliance Certificate to DENR-EMB.
- The Approved Budget for the Contract is Nine Hundred Fifty Thousand Pesos (php950,000.00), inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees.
- The Consultant must have the following qualifications:
- Should have at five (5) years of experience in the preparation of Environmental Impact Statement; and
- The Team Leader to be assigned to the project should be an accredited EIS preparer with at least five (5) years of experience in EIS Pr.
- The Consultant must be registered online with the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (http://www.philgeps.gov.ph) as a legitimate service provider for government requirements.
- The detailed responsibilities and deliverables are in the attached Terms of Reference (TOR) for the Project.
- The Consultant shall be evaluated based on the Quality Cost Based Evaluation (QCBE) procedure.
The criteria and rating for the selection of the winning consultant are as follows:
For the Technical Component the rating will be as follows:
Technical Bid Components
- The Consultant is required to submit the following documents to be used by BCDA as basis for evaluation by BCDA
Annex A : Valid and current Mayor’s/Business Permit (city or municipal)/Municipal License, where the principal place of business of the prospective bidder is located
Annex B : PhilGEPS Registration Number
Annex C : 2017 Income/Business Tax Return
Annex D : Duly Notarized Omnibus Sworn Statement
Annex E : Curriculum Vitae of the Firm (using the prescribed form) and Company Profile
Annex F : Curriculum Vitae of the Assigned Team Leader (using prescribed form)
Annex G : Description of the Methodology and Work Plan (using prescribed form)
Note : Certificate of Platinum Membership issued by PhilGEPS may be submitted in lieu of Mayor’s Permit (Annex A) and PhilGEPS Registration Number (Annex B)
- The Consultant is also required to submit its Financial Proposal using the prescribed format (Annex H) in a separate sealed envelope together with the above-mentioned requirements/documents. The Financial Proposal shall not exceed the approved budget for the contract (ABC) and shall be deemed to include the cost of all taxes, duties, fees, levies and other charges imposed under applicable laws.
Bids received in excess of the ABC shall be automatically rejected.
10. The contract shall be effective for a period of sixty(60) calendar days from the date stated in the Notice to Proceed (NTP) and until the full delivery of the requirement and acceptance by the BCDA is accomplished by the Consultant.
11. The Proposal composed of the aforecited Annexes A to G, and the Financial Proposal must be submitted on or before 18 December 2018, 4:00 p.m. at the BCDA Central Receiving and Releasing Area (CRRA), Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA) Corporate Office, 2/F, Bonifacio Technology Center, 31st Street, corner 2nd Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City. The bids shall be addressed to Engr. Brando C. Aguilera, Project Development Officer V.
12. The BCDA reserves the right to accept or reject any and all bids, annul the procurement process or not award the contract at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder.
13. For further information, your office may contact BCDA NCC PMO, Engr. Peter Lester O. Carreon thru email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
BRANDO C. AGUILERA
Project Development Officer V